Washington Square Co-op ApartmentsKalamazoo, MI 49001
Updated on 7/18/2014
(269) 344-1681 Contact Washington Square Co-op Apartments
One Bedroom This is a mobility accessible unit Based on Income
Available 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 537 sq. ft.
Washington Square Co-op is located between Stockbridge and Collins off of Portage Street, in Kalamazoo. We specialize in affordable housing for senior citizens. A limited number of apartments are available for younger persons who are physically disabled and need the special design features of a unit designed for the mobility impaired. Call for eligibility requirements.
It is within walking distance of the farmers market, the Historical Library, grocery stores and only minutes away from Bronson Hospital.
The building is nestled in a park-like setting with beautiful old trees, a picnic area and your very own garden spots for those with green thumbs. Door-stop bus service is available and we have our very own van for weekly shopping trips to grocery stores and building activities.
There is a lot to do at Washington Square! There are summer cookouts on the patio. There is a showcase in the lobby that is staffed by volunteers. All apartments have a living room and dining area, a kitchen with appliances and a garbage disposal. There is a small pantry area off of the kitchen. They have nice sized bedrooms and full size bath with tub and shower. Each apartment is equipped with an emergency pull cord. Rent is based on 30% of income. Heat, gas and water are included in the rent. Member pays for electric. Cable TV is available for a minimal charge.
“The folks here are friendly, and eager to converse with you. The head office is always receptive to any problems which you may have and tries to help you resolve them. The Laundromat in the building saves one the trouble of going out to do laundry. The library is here for the bookworm. The rec. room functions as a place for many activities, such as the council meetings, staged dinners and visiting entertainment. The apartments are efficient to meet one’s every need.” Washington Square Member
Address : 710 Collins St, Kalamazoo, MI 49001
Fax : (269) 344-7436
Office Hours : Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Managed by : CSI Support & Development
Website: : Washington Square Co-op Apartments Website
School District : Kalamazoo Public School District
Property Type : Apartments , Senior Housing , Subsidized , Cooperative (238 units)
Year Built : 1984
Waitlist : Open - We have vacancies! To apply call 269-6840.
- No-Step or Ramped Entry - Select units
- Accessible Parking - Select units
- 32" or Wider Doorways - Select units
- Environmental Controls 15"-48" Above Floor - Select units
- 5' Turning Radius or T-Turn in Bathroom - Select units
- Accessible Bathroom Vanities - Select units
- Front Loading or Front Control Kitchen Appliances - Select units
- Accessible Kitchen Counters - Select units
- Clear Floor Area in Front of Sink and Range - Select units
- Transportation Service Available - Building Van for Trips
- Elevator in Building - Several in Building
- Individual heating and cooling controls
- Air Conditioning (Wall Unit) - Free of Charge!
- Garbage Disposal
- Washer & Dryer - Coin Operated on 2nd Floor
- 12 Months
- Cats Allowed
- Dogs Allowed
- 1 pet allowed under 20 lbs.
- Gas Included
- Heat Included
- Water Included
- Resident Pays Electricity
Please provide the following information:
We will only contact you for support purposes
We will contact you as soon as the unit is available!